avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Mortician at Work
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:02:48 GMT

I remember this as well.  And I think moving excalibur into
avalon-components is the right thing to do.  Though some parts might better
belong closer to the framework like configuration, logger, and lifecycle.

I just want to make sure we're careful when we do so.  The email threads on
"excalibur thread update" and "excalibur pool update" seem to point out the
importance of this.

I'm not trying to cause a disruption.  I just want to clarify that "bury"
should not mean "deprecate" and that several people and projects use this
code.  So it shouldn't be archived away which is the impression I got from
the original email.

I don't have any problems with what Niclas is doing.  I just want to make
sure everyone understands that the code isn't dead.  Perhaps moving it into
avalon-components is exactly what we need to do to make this point stronger.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653