avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject Use of JIRA and WIKI
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:20:00 GMT
Hello.

I was just looking for releases of avalon-repository, when I noticed that
some of them are not on our distribution mirrors (particularly jars of 1.2).
I was about to write an email on this subject when I paused and thought --
wait a minute.  This is what JIRA is for.

So I opened a JIRA issue.  An email notification was still sent to the
mailing list, but now it's a real 'to-do' item that will show up in our
issue tracker and not get lost on a mailing list.

So my suggestion to all of us here is that before you write an email or
answer a user's question, pause to think if a JIRA issue shouldn't also be
opened or if in fact that might be a better way to approach the matter.

On the same line of thought, responses to all user questions should probably
find their way into the WIKI.  It only takes a few minutes to take your
email reply and cut and past it into a new wiki page on the FAQ.

I'm just trying to think of better ways to use our resources and keep track
of all the tasks out there we constantly mean to get to.

Thanks.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM