avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: More "academic" ideas [Was: [VOTE] New sandbox project]
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:06:13 GMT

The reason I thought about "order matters" was to make it easier to custom
lifecyles to be added (ie- lifecycle extensions).  Currently lifecycle or
stage extensions usually end up being run after something like
"initialize()" but that was never clarified in the exalibur-lifecycle
package.

I agree that a consistent and reliable lifecycle execution order is
important, but it would be nice for "advanced" users to tweak that if they
wanted to.  Perhaps there could be an aspect that managed the lifecycle
"chain-of-command" and it would be in this aspect users could manage custom
lifecycles.

This isn't a matter so important to me that I'm going to hold up any
existing work.  I just wanted to throw the thought out there to be
considered.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM