avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Under Merlin's hood
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:27:15 GMT

As for looking into Merlin, check out my email which started this "Under
Merlin's Hood" thread.  It might give you some places to start.

> We have to look over all features in Merlin, and then see how
> these could be implemented as "aspects" (or whatever we'll
> end up calling them), and figure out what the Aspect interface will
> look like and so on...

Attached is my idea of how this architecture would look.  (Sorry my ASCII
art just couldn't cut it).

Point of the picture is that I hope the big box ("Avalon Container /
Kernel") could be flexible enough to meet your design ideas.  In fact, there
could easily be multiple implementations of this beast.  One might look very
similar to what Merlin is now (started up by the Repository) while another
might look like your "myContainer" example.  The parts inside would be
(somehow) completely pluggable and several should be optional.

Thoughts?

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM