avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [avalon] roadmap - library criteria
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 22:37:41 GMT

Not sure if moving to Fortress or Merlin would really help with that.

> The new version 2.2 which development has started some months ago
> and which will take some more months to get finished starts using
> Fortress. But it's not fully migrated yet due to the configuration
> problems I mentioned. If we move completly to Fortress we are
> not compatible to 2.1.x. If we are compatible, we could stay with
> ECM anyway :) (A little bit simplified but more or less this is
> the current problem).

Yeah.  I see the problem.  Preserving configuration file format would be
important from a user perspective.  I imagine most Cocoon users don't really
care about ECM/Fortress/Merlin, but if we tell them their configuration
files need rewritten...  :-)

Anyway, I'll try to find some time to look through the code.  It would help
me understand how the changes we're discussing could affect some of our
users.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM