avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: More "academic" ideas [Was: [VOTE] New sandbox project]
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:01:58 GMT

A short reply - I have to run:

The basic thought is this: All frameworks (Pico, A4, Spring) have
some equivalent to the A4 stages. For example:

     A4: Passes a ServiceManager to the component
   Pico: Passes dependencies in the constructor
 Spring: Uses setter methods?

So therefore I figured that you need:

 + Handlers to manage instances and apply things correctly in the
   right order and so on.

 + Aspects to provide the things the handlers apply.

In the experiment the handler is given a ServiceManager to resolve
dependencies, but the handler controls just how those dependencies
are provided to the component. Since it is an A4Handler, it simply
passes along the ServiceManager. A PicoHandler would do the lookups
and pass on the references. (This is also why the aspect passes a
ServiceManager to a handler and not directly to the component
instance.)

/LS