avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nader Aeinehchi" <na...@aeinehchi.com>
Subject License of work that partially uses Merlin
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:51:35 GMT
Hello

I want to develop a system that would take some pieces of source code, mostly only some parts
of a Java file and probably in few cases some complete files.
In other words, in many cases it is about learning from good work and code done by Merlin/Avalon
team.
Furthermore, I am going to find good and appropriate code from other non-Apache projects.

I wonder how the license of Merlin/Avalon applies to my work.  I have tried to understand
the license texts within these links:

http://avalon.apache.org/license.html

but, unfortunately I do not understand what they mean in practical terms.

I have not yet decided about the license of my own work, whether it would be commercial or
open-source license, and if open-source, what open-source license.
Please forgive my ignorance, but it has been difficult for me to understand the legal aspect
of the license.  And of course, I would like to do the right thing.

I would very much appreciate if someone could help me and drop me an email.

Thanks.

Best Regards

--
Nader Aeinehchi