avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bennett <exterminat...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RT] defining compatibility
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:20:12 GMT
Jonathan Hawkes wrote:

> In my opinion, if a component works in all of
> the current containers (ecm/fortress/pheonix/merlin) then the component
> should be Avalon Framework TCK 1.0 compatible.  Avalon Framework TCK 1.1
> could include whatever formalities have been introduced for Merlin.

Agreed, Jonathon.  This is also what my definition of an
*Avalon-compatible* container would be.  If I create some components
with a dependency hierarchy that adhere to the framework lifecyle
contract and uses the avalon standard meta data extensions, then I
should expect any Avalon-compatible container to execute this set of
dependent components successfully.

Clearly this is not reality today, but that would be my measuring stick
for an Avalon compatible container.