avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [PMC:VOTE] release process for cocoon deps
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:03:46 GMT
Hi gang!

Cocoon (arguably one of the biggest and most important "clients" for
avalon) is using CVS drops of these projects:

excalibur-component
excalibur-sourceresolve
excalibur-store
excalibur-xmlutil
fortress-container
fortress-tools
excalibur-logger

This is an undesirable situation.

Previously, release of some of these components was blocked because of a
lack of documentation. The net result is that there is still no
documentation, cocoon is using custom-built packages, and many cocoon
people don't feel like coming near avalon because there won't be much
oppurtunity to benefit from the work they do here (which is, simply put,
not very likely to be on documentation).

That's also an undesirable situation.

So lets loosen those documentation requirements a little.

Proposal: if working and thoroughly tested (with verifiable results of
course) versions of the packages mentioned above are produced, lets
agree to release them even if their documentation may not be exactly
what we would like it to be.

I think the only alternative is to let these packages die a slow and
painful death. We'll lose one of our biggest clients.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons