avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Oberhack" <deve...@softwarefabrik.biz>
Subject DefaultCriteria
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:51:00 GMT
Hi all,

I just started to implement a preference page in MerlinDeveloper to ease the
configuration of all the startup options of Merlin.

Diving into that, I found that there many redundancies in how to configure
things. (System properties, merlin.properties, avalon.properties,
kernel.xml, command line etc.). The possibility to have those files in
different locations makes the situation even more complex.

The rational to have command line options is quite clear to me. But why
don't we use kernel.xml p.ex., which is located in the startup directory, to
centralize all those configuration tasks?

Andreas