avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT][merlin] interoperability
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 07:52:24 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> 3.3 <snip/> walk-in-the-park.

is there a timeline to look at?

> exposing a Object get( key ) - I think that instead we
> should be thinking more along the lines of
>
>    void addServiceAvailabilityListener(
>       ServiceAvailabilityListener listener, Something key );
>
> Thoughts?

well, that could work, but my listener would just be maintaining a map
internally of available services and still exposing the get() operation.
  I was thinking of a stateless adapter, which is automatically in sync
with current state, without being notified. Easier for my usecase.

why would you want listeners?

cheers,

- LSD