avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Begging for releases
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:46:40 GMT
Avalon has a lot of different subprojects where some of them are more
"active" then others. I think a general policy however for all projects
should be "release early, release often".

So I kindly ask you for new release for the following subprojects:

excalibur-component
excalibur-sourceresolve
excalibur-store
excalibur-xmlutil
fortress-container
fortress-tools
excalibur-logger

At the Cocoon project we really suffer from the fact that we currently have
to use CVS versions that are not tagged ect. This makes it very hard
for users to get the corresponding source code. As all of these projects
are used and can therefore be considered stable and as the latest CVS
in all cases contains a lot of bug fixes and enhancements, it really
makes sense to release them.

I would release them but two things are preventing me:
a) a pmc vote is required (right?)
b) I can't build the releases as the build process is not working for me

So, what do you think?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG