avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Begging for releases
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:47:34 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> all we need is a release manager, and some people willing to
> do some work.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/avalon/AvalonReleaseManagerHowto
> http://wiki.apache.org/avalon/AvalonDistributionLayout
>
> (latter may be somewhat out of date, I'm not sure)
>
> I got like 60% of the work for doing a release cycle of the
> stuff you need done a while ago, but that kinda stalled since
> there weren't enough people volunteering to help do some things. See
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=106838627008920&w
> =2 and follow-up.
>
> Don't worry about item (a)...if someone gets out quality
> release candidates it should be just a formality.

And this is exactly what I don't want to do again. The last time
I tried it (and you tried it as well) it all failed because of a
veto for the release as someone said "There are no docs, I don't
know what it's all about and I don't like it". Or something similar.
And I don't want to go through this again.

As I can only repeat: the projects I'm speaking of are stable
and work perfectly, so they are ready for release.

Now, I would prefer, if first a vote would be started about the
release and then the process. Otherwise the work will be (again)
for the trash can.

Carsten