avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [PMC:VOTE] release process for cocoon deps
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:06:09 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Carsten:
>
> I've already mentioned this - but it seems like I need to
> mention it again.  Nobody is blocking you.  A release process
> needs a release manager.  It needs a release candidate.  A
> then you vote. Nobody can stop this - there is a vote result
> (majority, quorum of 3).  It's not that hard - unless of
> course you want to change the process.
>
> > Afaik, the release procedure here is to have a pmc vote before a
> > release,
>
> That's incorrect.
>
> A release is a decision of the dev community.

Then please tell me, why did the other three attempts during the last
year from Leo and from me fail? We definitly had a release manager,
we had a pretty working release candidate but I think it was you who
blocked the release. I don't to look in the archives now as this
costs too much time.
So, you say: if I will be the release manager and but some candidates
somewhere, noone will stop the release? That would be great!

> > so "we Cocoon guys" have to ask as the code is maintained by avalon.
>
> Have you considered moving the code to Cocoon?

Yes, of course. But this will hurt Avalon a lot imho. If Avalon is
not able to host reusable components than there is one additional
disadvantage of an avalon container compared to others. A container
without reusable components is very hard to "sell".

But if the avalon community doesn't want these components...it's
a decision of the avalon community and not of cocoon's.

Carsten