avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: Maven Versioning
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:41:38 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote on Thursday, February 26, 2004 5:36 PM:

> HI,
>
> I thought that Maven was supposed to handle the version resolution
> more or less automatically.
>
> If a dependency is declared on 1.1.1, but there is a 1.1.2 in the
> cache, shouldn't it just use 1.1.2 instead ?

No. You alway get the version you have declared in your project.xml. The only exception to
this rule are snapshots. You can specify them with package-1.0-SNAPSHOT. In this case Maven
will always look if there is a newer version available (you may omit the version number in
this case also).

Regards,
Jörg