avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Deployment
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:46:58 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> Question 1, are the contents of your projects within the repository
> currently managed under separate maven groupIds?

Yes.

> ie:
>  avalon-apps/                             17-Jan-2004 16:02    -
>  avalon-cornerstone/                      17-Jan-2004 16:02    -
>  avalon-extension/                        17-Jan-2004 16:02    -
>  avalon-framework/                        17-Jan-2004 16:02    -
>  avalon-phoenix/
>
> Or are you planning to deploy everything under one groupId?
>
> ie:
>  avalon/                                  17-Jan-2004 16:02    -

No.

My understanding is the that /avalon directory represents a root of a
repository.  As such, something like avalon-activation represents a
group identifier.

> Its important because there was some stray files in the avalon directory
> and some duplication which I removed using symlinking much of the
> contents of "avalon" into the various subcomponents.
>
> Ultimately, it would be good to alleviate the duplication documented
> towards the bottom of the following report:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~henkp/md5/

The info here is saying that the signature file (mine) is not good.  Is
there some additional information I can get as to the actual problem?

> I do like the idea of having the repository contents nested into the
> existing dist directories (like you've done within dist/avalon.
> Unfortunately, it will take some time before Maven supports this
> directory structure across projects, ie:

Actually - maven group ids are not interpreted by maven beyond a string
identifier of a path.  You can define a group as "xxxx/yyy" and it will
work just fine.

> Where:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/avalon/avalon-activation/jars/...
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/math/jars/...
>
> Actually are within the same Maven Repository located under:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/

This is where we may have some degree of confusion.  My understanding is
that the repo root (for avalon content) is
http://www.apache.org/dist/avalon.  If that's incorrect then I've been
responsible for putting a bunch of stuff in the wrong place.

Stephen.