avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Delegation hides specialization
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:06:13 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Anyone have an idea for how to handle this?
>

> the answer used to be "disable proxying". With merlin, that's not really
> an option I think (its not allowed). The answer becomes "you can only
> cast to work interfaces". So define an extended work interface and use it.

Leo:

Just for reference - in Merlin it is possible to disable proxy
generation on a selective basis (i.e. this component, that component,
etc.).  Currently this isn't integrated into the meta-data layer so its
not dead-simple - but that will change.  For example - running an ORB
requires either wrapping the ORB or running the ORB as non-proxied.  As
and ORB is basically a glorified proxy its handy to run it without a proxy.

Cheers, Steve.