avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] RE: MutableConfiguration
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:15:06 GMT

Leo:

Here is the crunch:

Leo Sutic wrote:
>   "Since the DefaultConfiguration is the prime example of
>    a modifiable configuration, I'd like it to implement this new
>    interface, that I'll call MutableConfiguration. In order for
>    it to do so, I need to put the interface in framework-api,
>    framework-impl, or some other framework-xxx package that
>    framework-impl depends on."

Historically we have DefaultConfiguration in the framework impl package
- but that does not mean we cannot deprecate it relative to a enhanced
version that is not in the framework package.  BTW - did you have a
chance to review alternative options that I've put forward.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=107572321908172&w=2

Stephen.