avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] RE: MutableConfiguration
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:03:03 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

> [...]

Yes - I aware of the "one class" point which is partly why I initially
suggested that we address this separately under an avalon-configuration
(specifically moving the issue away from the framework and incorporating
resolution with excalibur-configuration).

My two proposals are:

   (a) use framework-spi
   (b) or setup an avalon/avalon-configuration subproject
       containing api and impl packages (and include in this
       process rationalization of the excalibur-configuration
       content)

Please note that neither of these proposals impact the framework API
explicitly or implicitly), and at the same time ensure that viable
solutions are available so that you are not blocked in terms of moving
forward.

Personally I would prefer to see option (b) as the sensible solution
because this addresses the broader question of the non-component content
in the excalibur-configuration package that IMO should be incorporated
into a single sub-project.  Another alternative is to simply do this
under the existing excalibur-configuration package.

Stephen.