avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: [MERLIN] are service method calls done through reflection ?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:22:46 GMT

On Saturday 31 January 2004 09:27, korosh afshar wrote:
> Is using a non-proxied component to make service method calls  order of
> magnitude faster or slightly faster or is  it  pretty much given that if
> you want faster  calls on your service methods,  you should use
> non-proxied components as first choice?

I remember I saw a comparison once a few years ago. The direct invocation on
the system used was somewhere in the region of 20-50 times faster than the
Proxied alternative.

Sounds like a lot, but one has to look at what else is going on.
We are still in the microsecond region, so 100s of calls per second is not
really a concern. 10s of thousands are.

A non-proxied component will also be "security disabled", when I get to that.

Cheers
Niclas