avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jira] Something wrong
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:12:55 GMT
On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 08:10, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2004 20:53, hammett wrote:
> > Disagree. A "component" could be anything package with the main project
> > version and issues. A lot of projects will only confuse the user when he's
> > going to report a bug of, for instance, something like merlin crashing at
> > startup :-) Its the criteria thing? Maybe the logging.. Oh my, its the
> > repository! See what I mean?
>
> That's why I earlier suggested that we should have a few generic ones, which
> is where most users will make the report, and then "someone with insight"
> will move it to the proper "project"/"component" whatever (provided Jira
> supports "move").
>
> Don't expect users to have much clue, other than "Merlin", "Fortress",
> "Phoenix" or perhaps for each Avalon component, such a "excalibur-thread".

This was all discussed during the proposal and vote phase.   My original
idea [1] was much simpler, but concerns were raised and the vote went
for a more expanded approach.  Avalon is an early adopter and as such,
we have a little bit of wiggle room to experiment and get feedback.  If
we feel the current setup is too verbose, we can scale back.

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=107410569218103&w=2