avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: FW: [Proposal] Augmenting Fortress extensions support
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:30:59 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: andreas oberhack [mailto:develop@softwarefabrik.biz]

> 1) Developers in that environment have special needs:
>
> 	a) ease of use. This is the most important thing! They do not
> want to care about technical things - they want to concentrate on
> business logic. No factories, no xml, even no connection handling, no
> SQL if possible. Just POJOs - all as easy as possible.

Yes, yes!!! I'm looking forward to this, too!

> 	b) stabibility. The software must life for at least 10 years -
> interfaces should not change during that time.

Hmmm.. Possibly the same here.

> 	c) flexibility. I have to roll back transactions because of
> business logic for example. And maybe I'll need nested transactions too.
> And I need long transactions and bulk operations.

We need transactions, and in a transparent fashion - easy to use - JTA
solves this.

> 2) enterprise applications are complex: Normal object models consists of
> more than 100 persistent classes. Components consist of 1 to 20
> persistent classes (covered by a component facade).

Yup. I suggest you take a look at 'Patterns of Enterprise Application
Architecture' book. I'm following the Domain Model to create a nice and
decent Object Model and a Service Layer to push the use cases.

> Taken all this, I don't see automatic transaction management at the
> moment. It is easy and smart - agreed. But I'm loosing to much
> flexibility.

Losing? Where? The imperative level of transactional management I'm
proposing here is the same offered by EJB. It is clean and works. Don't see
why it would be a problem.

regards,
hammett