avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: FW: [Proposal] Augmenting Fortress extensions support
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:42:36 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Alex Karasulu [mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net]

> No problem.  I've been talking to some of the Geronimo folks and they
> really recommend staying far way from using a Proxy and reflection.  They
> sold me on using ASM generated stubs/proxies to implement this which
> according to them is very fast on the order of 100 times faster than using
> a straight proxy.

May be, but I am a strong -1 to stub/proxies burden. Seems like the same
thing - but its not - but I think CGLIB can generate fast proxies
(http://cglib.sourceforge.net/xref/samples/JdkCompatibleProxy.html)
althought I don't know if it complicates the user's life.

So the strategy of to generate or to not generate code and avoid reflection
could be a matter of choice - again, pluggable.

> So we can work on centralizing or generalizing this code if you guys have
> a solid direction around what it is exactly you want to do.  How about
> starting some JIRA wishes and slowly molding the idea there.  My friend
> Vincent is trying to get me to do this :-) over at the directory side.

+1 !!!!!

--
hammett