avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [merlin] consolidating avalon-repo and merlin properties
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:22:37 GMT

I'm definitely a +1 at consolidating something. :)

My concern is that MERLIN_HOME has been with us for a while now.  I'd rather
not just drop it and force users to adjust if we don't have to.  My
suggestion:

   * Prefer AVALON_HOME and avalon.properties to the merlin equivalents
   * Keep support in the code for MERLIN_HOME and merlin.properties so
existing users don't have to immediately change things
   * Documentation and examples should refer to AVALON_HOME and
avalon.properties
   * Include notice of the change and backward capability in the change log
and in perhaps some other location (FAQ, wiki, etc.)

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653