avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [merlin] NT Service Issues Behind a Firewall
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:31:43 GMT
Stephen,

Thanks for your advice.  I figured it out and it was amazingly silly.

My MERLIN_HOME environmental variable was set as a user variable, not a
system variable.  Thus it ran just fine in console mode, but wouldn't run as
a service.

Which brings me to my next questions:

Is there any way to set MERLIN_HOME via a command line option?
And what exactly is the difference between merlin.dir and merlin.home?

These two are obviously different, but they're naming is so close, it gets
very confusing:

%MERLIN_HOME% = merlin.dir  (defaults to user.dir)
merlin.home = ${user.home}/.merlin

We can override merlin.home via the -home option, but there is no way to
override merlin.dir via a command line option.  It simply HAS to be an
environmental variable.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM