avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Release status update, remove dependecy on AvalonLogger
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:39:00 GMT

> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> Leo Sutic wrote:
> >
> > Just in case anyone was wondering:
> >
> >  + All components build.
> >
> Great!

Spoke too soon. Seems like I missed to check fortress-tools.

C:\Home\leo\Private\Apache\avalon\fortress\tools\src\java\org\apache\ava
lon\fort
ress\tools\FortressBean.java:34: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class AvalonLogger
location: package impl
import org.apache.commons.logging.impl.AvalonLogger;
                                        ^
C:\Home\leo\Private\Apache\avalon\fortress\tools\src\java\org\apache\ava
lon\fort
ress\tools\FortressBean.java:86: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable AvalonLogger
location: class org.apache.avalon.fortress.tools.FortressBean
             AvalonLogger.setDefaultLogger(cm.getLogger());

The AvalonLogger class is absent from all commons-logging releases.

I have notified commons-dev about this, and I suggest we cut this
functionality out of FortressBean in order to just get on with the
release.

Finally, all tests for xmlutil pass except one:

Testcase: testCreateDOMHandler took 0,281 sec
         FAILED
Wrong namespace uri expected:<http://localhost/test> but was:<null>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Wrong namespace uri
expected:<http://localhost/test> but was:<null>
         at
org.apache.excalibur.xml.dom.test.DefaultDOMHandlerFactoryTestCase.
testCreateDOMHandler(DefaultDOMHandlerFactoryTestCase.java:63)

I have no idea what is causing this - can somebody please check?

/LS