avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] MutableConfiguration
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:56:50 GMT

Anton,

anyone can propose anything at anytime on the list. If you want
to discuss the issues you've raised, just start the discussion,
assemble a proposal, and hold a vote. There's absolutely nothing
stopping you. This is what I would do if I were you:

 1. Start typing up "[PROPOSAL] Change to MutableConfiguration
    interface", or whatever it is you want to do.

    a. Make sure that the proposal you write isn't too broad -
       it'll take for ever to get through if you have 200 items
       to vote on.

    b. Don't try to go for the Ivory Tower of Perfection (IToP),
       that'll take for ever and most likely fail anyway.
       Consider the proposal a small step on the way.

 2. Wait until I post the [VOTE-RESULT].

 3. If my vote passes, post your proposal. Otherwise, be nice
    and let me do some damage control.

 4. Try to manage the discussion.

 5. Call a vote.

 6. Hold the vote.

 7. Implement, or go to (1).

Me, I'll be writing a Wiki page: "Apache Bureaucracy: A Primer".
I guarantee an entertaining read (as in humor and relevance,
not bile).

/LS