avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@uol.com.br>
Subject Re: Idealization was: Yet another IoC Article
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:33:39 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy Bennett" <exterminatorx@comcast.net>

> IMO the single biggest issue with avalon technology.  So much discussion
> and time spent on how avalon technology is going to support components
> from other IOC versions or non-avalon containers, and even our own
> containers with the avalon community cannot reuse components.

Timothy, this is a very simplistic point of view. We can't just change
things away and whish luck to ours users. If you find an easy and smooth way
of Fortress adapts to Meta package, for example, we'll be glad to apply the
patch.

> Abominable and embarrassing.  We need to our house in order IMO before
> taking on component interoperability outside of avalon.

Nope, we don't.

<opnion>
If Merlin's future is a really decoupled infrastructure, then we'll end up
with a tiny and easy container with a lot of pluggable facilities. If this
day arrive we - at avalon - won't need another container.
</opnion>

regards,
hammett