avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [RT] defining compatibility
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:56:45 GMT

> From: Farr, Aaron [mailto:Aaron.Farr@am.sony.com]
>
> - A TCK or similar formal spec would be helpful for just
> getting our own containers/components working together.

Yes, but no one is willing to write it or maintain it.

I agree that it would be helpful if a TCK materialized from
nothingness and maintained itself, but that's not likely.

So let's drop the TCK plan altogether - there's no will
to actually produce one.

Compatibility means following the contracts defined in
Framework. That's all. If you can run up an Avalon
component in your container and the thing works -
congratulations, you're compatible enough. If not... We
can take that discussion when it comes. You know,
release early, release often, bazaar, etc.

Let's drop some formalities here and get some pragmatic
chaos back.

/LS