avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "andreas oberhack" <deve...@softwarefabrik.biz>
Subject RE: FW: [Proposal] Augmenting Fortress extensions support
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:59:06 GMT
Ok :-) Let's see, if she fit's to my requirements.

I'm living in an enterprise environment. Taken this

1) Developers in that environment have special needs:

	a) ease of use. This is the most important thing! They do not
want to care about technical things - they want to concentrate on
business logic. No factories, no xml, even no connection handling, no
SQL if possible. Just POJOs - all as easy as possible.

	b) stabibility. The software must life for at least 10 years -
interfaces should not change during that time.

	c) flexibility. I have to roll back transactions because of
business logic for example. And maybe I'll need nested transactions too.
And I need long transactions and bulk operations.

2) enterprise applications are complex: Normal object models consists of
more than 100 persistent classes. Components consist of 1 to 20
persistent classes (covered by a component facade).

Taken all this, I don't see automatic transaction management at the
moment. It is easy and smart - agreed. But I'm loosing to much
flexibility.

What do you think?

Andreas