avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bennett <exterminat...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [repository] proxy users
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:39:08 GMT
Farr, Aaron wrote:
> Hello.
>
> It looks like the repository Authenticator does not allow for null usernames
> and passwords for proxy servers:

I reported this to Steve a week or two ago via IM.  Probably should have
posted a message about, but I'm in serious crunch time here...

We are doing a workaround by just putting in a dummy value for the
username and password (since our HTTP proxy server doesn't require
authentication), and we might be equally lucky in the fact that our
proxy server doesn't vomit when the repository impl hands the proxy the
authentication credentials.

If memory serves, I think Steve told me to wait until JIRA was up and
going, and enter a case for this.