avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] test-suite?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:19:49 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Any thoughts on this?

Take a look at the whole "mock objects" concept.

If this is really about *unit* testing of your components, you IMNHSO
don't want to use a full-fledged merlin installation, you want a "mock"
container that doesn't give you headaches about classloaders, repository
management, property files, etc etc.

If it is about *integration* testing (ie "do my unit tested components
actually fit together, and inside the server?"), a better idea, again
IMHO, is to actually run the server (in standalone mode) and connect a
debugger (or in the case of a server, connect a test client).

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons