avalon-dev mailing list archives

From David Worms <da...@simpledesign.com>
Subject Re: [merlin] test-suite?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:37:46 GMT

> An alternative approach is to define a test-suite that uses merlin to
> create, deploy and test components.  This would enable:

This is somewhat similar to what I did to do in earlier version of
Merlin (3.0.x I think), using merlin:simulate. My main issue at the
time what that I couldn't configure merlin to look both in the src/java
and src/test folder when resolving component (and relative meta info).
This means I had to put my testing component in the src/java and they
would be packaged with my jar file. Also, I needed two conf/block.xml:
one for the generated jar, and an other one for the test ( which will
reference the same components as the first block.xml + the testing
components. Otherwise, it works pretty well.

d.