avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MERLIN] are service method calls done through reflection ?
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:12:53 GMT
john lukar wrote:

> I can be making 100's of
> such method calls on my service per second and speed
> is important.

What you can do is disable proxy generation for a particular component.
  This is needed sometimes for objects that are themselves acting as
proxies.  The solution is to include the attribute key
"urn:activation:proxy" with a value of "false" in the xinfo <type>
<info> <attributes> element.

For example:

<type>
   <info>
     <name>simple</name>
     <lifestyle>singleton</lifestyle>
     <attributes>
       <attribute key="urn:activation:proxy" value="false"/>
     </attributes>
   </info>
   :
</type>

This is not tied into the meta-info generation at this time (we still
need to add generic attribute handling) - so you going to have to
maintain the xinfo file manually and make sure it is included into the
target/classes directory after the avalon:meta and before the jar:jar
goal.  BTW - there is an example of this in one of the test cases in the
activation impl package. Just search for "urn:activation:proxy".

Steve.