avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MutableConfiguration interface
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:03:30 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

> I therefore propose the addition of the following interface to
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration, and that the
> DefaultConfiguration
> class shall implement it:

-1

There are a few reasons for this:

   1. as you not proposing this in the context of any lifecycle
      I think it is more appropriate to consider including this
      in the excalibur configuration package

   2. proposal to vote is too fast (insufficient opportunity to
      discuss) and lacks concrete content (I would like to see
      the javadoc, play with it under a real lifecycle extension,
      properly understand the container implications)

   3. while the interface itself looks fine, I feel uncomfortable
      about moving this to framework because of something that
      simply does not feel right - in particular, a mutable
      artifact just feels to me like something that should be
      done view a lifecycle extension (but I'm getting into the
      general discussion and this is a vote)

Stephen.