avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Migrating Maven repository from ibiblio to apache.
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:57:33 GMT
We been completing allot of work to migrate the apache projects in the
ibiblio maven repository to apache. I'll be highlighting the details of
this somewhere for others to catchup on. Basically the entire
/www/www.apache.org/dist directory is already mirrored at ibiblio. by
moving the java-repository into dist, we now control the publishing of
our projects and not ibiblio. Mirroring supplies ibiblio with our
repository contents and a script is run at ibiblio which now integrates
them into the canonical maven repository.

We now have a Maven Repository located at

/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/...

Since Avalon is publishing distributions to both ibiblio and locally in

/www/www.apache.org/avalon/...

its the most "salient" project where there are now duplicate files
between the java-repository and the dist/avalon directory

http://www.apache.org/~henkp/md5/

I will be glad to assist in finding a way to reduce this duplication.
Two options I can think of are either

1.) avalon migrate its distribution process into java-repository/...

or

2.) we symlink the avalon projects into the java-repository/...

thanks, and as avalon is already working intensively with Maven, I hope
you will find this migration effort beneficial.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory (Jakarta Commons)