avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MERLIN] New "launch" parameter?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:49:51 GMT
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> Picking up from the "loading remote blocks" thread on users@:
>
> What about a new command line parameter for merlin like:
>
>      merlin -launch appGroup:appName-VERSION
>
> which would go looking in the repository (local or remote) for:
>
>      /repository/appGroup/appName/blocks/block-VERSION.xml
>

> or something like that.

Currently the command line is basically:

    merlin [qualifying-options] [blocks]

Where [blocks] is a sequence of block addresses. Supported block
addresses include:

    filename of a directory
    url (http or file)

Rather than a -launch parameter, I think we should either (a) cache
urls, or (b) define an artifact spec (probably as a url) that is a
recognized block address.

Stephen.