avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Adopting JIRA
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:28:26 GMT
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Noel's been making a number of announcements about JIRA going live on Nagoya
> [1].  Phoenix is already configured as a project and we've had numerous
> conversations on the dev list on how we could really use such a tool for the
> rest of Avalon.  So I'd like to see us adopt this ASAP.

My understanding is that we have across-the-board agreement to move to
JIRA. A post to infrastructure to setup admin accounts is probably all
that is needed on the administrative side.

> I'm not sure about all the particulars on setting everything up (I'm sure
> Noel could fill us in).  If I understand correctly, we can get our bugzilla
> issues imported or we could just start from scratch.  We currently only have
> three bugs listed [2].  I can see a good argument for either position; my
> concern rests squarely on getting us up and running with this soon.

I'm not too worried about importing - in fact I would prefer starting
from scratch and we add the 3 bugzilla issues after we resolve how we
are going to structure things.

> Additionally, since Phoenix is already has a JIRA project section, we need
> to discuss how to organize Avalon.  Would we have separate project sections
> for Framework, Excalibur, Cornerstone, Merlin, Fortress, etc.?  Or should we
> have a single Avalon project with multiple components (such as Framework,
> Excalibur, Cornerstone ...)?  In this latter case we could somehow fold
> Phoenix's issues back into the Avalon project or leave it separate.  I'm
> open for discussion on these matters.

I understand that its possible to create project groups and that
basically a project is something that is tracked by version.  This would
suggest a lot of projects - but my feeling is that is something we will
get a better idea on as soon as we start playing around with the
available options.

> Point is, let's get moving on this. :)

+1

Do you want to post a request to infrastructure or shall I?

Stephen.