avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] release candidate update 3.2.4
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:50:16 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> A packaging defect (missing meta file) has been spotted by Timothy
>> with the 3.2.4 binary.  An updated 3.2.4-bis has been uploaded to:
>>
>>   http://dpml.net/merlin/distributions/3.2.4-bis
>

> Dumb question, that may already have been asked as over time I've become
> mostly a random lurker here: why aren't those releases hosted at Apache?

Once the a product release has been voted on and the PMC has voted to
publish the release, the release is placed onto Apache hardware.  Prior
to that the DPML facilities provide an environment under which
activities can proceed relative to (a) "Merlin BackOffice" - the
intelligent server side of the repository system, and (b) experiments
related to secure repository policy management and content delivery.

Cheers, Stephen.