avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fortress] What can possibly be wrong
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:18:07 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:

> [...]

Ah, I see.  You are talking about integrating with an IDE or something, corrent?
What is necessary to happen is that the ANT task be called to generate the meta
info prior to running the application (or at least any time the meta info has
changed).

I am working on an application using my GUIApp framework (a fortress based
Swing application framework), and I find that I only need to run the ANT task
when I have a change in any collected information.  As long as the IDE knows
where to find all the JARs, it runs quite nicely.

Now, if your application gathers the JARs programatically into a URLClassLoader
then you may have to right a "debug" main class that skips this step.  That is
the only thing I have run into where things may not be as good as it could be.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin