avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Changing Meta Package
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:50:59 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>

>>> Tone it down big guy.  I am juggling three different thought processes
>>> currently, and I am not in a position to give a more clear answer just
>>> yet.  Maybe later, but right now I am juggling too many things and quite
>>> frankly the ones that pay me have higher priority.
>>

>> Oh, OK, so you have not actually tried to use what is already there.
>> Gosh, I thought that maybe you were dealing with a real problem.
>>
>> My apologies.
>

> I accept your appology for the tone in the message.  All I said was that I
> am too busy right now to formulate what you would consider a plausable
> answer (if that is indeed possible considering the defense you raise
> toward anything you develop).  I never said I didn't try to use it.
> Patience is a virtue, have it if you can.

My apology was specifically related to the fact that I had made the
incorrect assumption that you had identified a problem that clearly and
unambiguously justified breaking changes to a released avalon product.
Based on your comments you have not actually got to a point of being
able to articulate the problem, but, you have been able to articulate
the solution (and for that, I'm impressed).  I kind of figured that one
should come before the other, but I'm probably too old fashioned.

Anyway, when you figure out what the problem that you are dealing with
actually is please post a note.

Cheers, Stephen.