avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@otego.com>
Subject Re: Where do you want to go?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 07:47:49 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2004 14:37, Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>>Stephen McConnell wrote:
>>
>>>As far as commit messages are concerned, please take into consideration
>>>(a) commits on implementation improvements, (b) commits related to
>>>sub-system relocation (i.e. system moving out of merlin and into avalon
>>>space such as avalon-meta, avalon-utilities, and avalon-repository and
>>>the resulting refactoring withing the merlin system implementation), and
>>>(c) commits on the 3.4 branch which deal with meta-model optimization
>>>and do not impact the client contract.
>>
>>Stephen, what should that tell me: You spread the refactoring not only
>>to the core and sub-system but also onto meta, repo, util, etc?
>

> Perhaps that "meta" and "repository" didn't exist pre-Merlin and is the
> beginning of the on-going, and requested, effort of breaking Merlin into
> smaller chunks of optional and replacable units.
>
> Opinions are *often* like nails. The more you hammer on them, the harder they
> stick. :o)

:-) I think it's possible to convice me. It matters the arguments :-)

Giacomo

> Cheers
> Niclas

Otego AG                                  Tel:   +41 (0)1  240 00 55
Giacomo Pati, CTO                         Mobile:+41 (0)79 262 21 04
Apache Software Foundation Member         Mailto:giacomo@apache.org
Hohlstrasse 216                           Mailto:Giacomo.Pati@otego.com
CH-8004 Z├╝rich                            Web:   http://www.otego.com