avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ECM
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:47:32 GMT
On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 23:06, Vikas Phonsa wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I'm a newbie to Avalon and was trying to look for some tutorials for
> Excalibur but couldn't find much.

The Excalibur Component Manager (ECM) has been deprecated in favor of
Fortress.  The reason why is a long story which you can find in the
mailing list archives.  The rest of Excalibur includes a number of small
components and utilities which are in various stages of development.

If you're interested in learning an ECM-like container, check out
Fortress first.  You can download it from our download site, or get the
lastest from CVS.  Examples should be included with the distribution.

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>