avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: avalon/framework/api/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration MutableConfiguration.java
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:42:21 GMT

> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> Please note that I'm not against the interface as such - its the
> interface in framework that I'm uncomfortable with and interface in
> framework API that I am opposed to at this time.

So where do we put it?

Anywhere else but framework means that DefaultConfiguration *can't*
be a MutableConfiguration, since that would imply that framework
is dependent on some other avalon module.

If DefaultConfiguration can't me a MutableConfiguration, then
the most commonly used configuration that is mutable isn't a
MutableConfiguration.

Having it in framework-impl is bad because we then have interface
and impl (DefaultConfiguration) in one jar.

Unless you want to create a third jar, and have framework impl
depend on that one as well, it has to be in framework-api due to force
majeure.

/LS