avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Adopting JIRA
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:15:54 GMT

Just to be clear, you mean have:

    Avalon
    Excalibur
    Cornerstone
    Merlin
    Phoenix
    Fortress

Be JIRA categories?  And then have individual JIRA projects for each:

    Avalon-xxx
    Cornerstone-xxx
    Excalibur-xxx

Hmmm...  I don't mind the Avalon-xxx projects, but I think Cornerstone and
Excalibur don't need to be categories.  Just a single JIRA project for each.
While the individual components may be different maven artifacts (and
currently under separate group IDs), we've often released them together,
i.e.- Cornerstone-1.0, Excalibur Release 1.x.

So I think I'm leaning towards starting with:

   Avalon      <-- framework + docs
   Meta         (or Avalon-Meta)
   Repository   (or Avalon-Repository)
   Excalibur
   Cornerstone
   Fortress
   Phoenix
   Merlin
   LogKit

All under a single Avalon category.

Sorry to drag this proposal out.  Just want to make sure we get it right.
Do any of the JIRA experts want to chime in again? :)

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653