avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Adopting JIRA
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:14:35 GMT
Hello all.

Noel's been making a number of announcements about JIRA going live on Nagoya
[1].  Phoenix is already configured as a project and we've had numerous
conversations on the dev list on how we could really use such a tool for the
rest of Avalon.  So I'd like to see us adopt this ASAP.

I'm not sure about all the particulars on setting everything up (I'm sure
Noel could fill us in).  If I understand correctly, we can get our bugzilla
issues imported or we could just start from scratch.  We currently only have
three bugs listed [2].  I can see a good argument for either position; my
concern rests squarely on getting us up and running with this soon.

Additionally, since Phoenix is already has a JIRA project section, we need
to discuss how to organize Avalon.  Would we have separate project sections
for Framework, Excalibur, Cornerstone, Merlin, Fortress, etc.?  Or should we
have a single Avalon project with multiple components (such as Framework,
Excalibur, Cornerstone ...)?  In this latter case we could somehow fold
Phoenix's issues back into the Avalon project or leave it separate.  I'm
open for discussion on these matters.

Point is, let's get moving on this. :)

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS