avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bennett <exterminat...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How are you handling CVS/folders?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:34:10 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> We have real projects using Subversion already.  We will almost certainly be
> migrating in 2004.  The option on the table today was to move part of Avalon
> into Subversion, not all of it.

FWIW,

I've got a Subversion server set up on my Win2k box at work.  I use
TortoiseSVN from home via VPN into my company's network to do version
control, and other team members at work use TortoiseSVN to
checkout/commit mods to the same code I work on.

So far no problems, but I'm still in the early stages of evaluating it.
  Haven't done anything crazy yet like create branches, etc.

It was fairly painless to get a repository up and going with network
connectivity.  However, I did take the easy way out by not using the
Apache httpd plug-in, and not setting up any kind of authentication
(anonymous logins have write permissions).  I'll get into that later on
when I attempt to install a server on my Linux box.

But I just wanted to get something up an going quickly to start playing
with it.

The only real point of this post, I guess, is just to mention that I'm
attempting to play around with it.

Timothy