avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PMC:Proposal] Subversion Pilot
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 06:29:25 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > My proposal is to update the Avalon-Sandbox to SVN, so that we
> > > can evaluate it best.
> >
> > Absolutely.  You propose to migrate more than I had actually thought we
> > would; we can migrate just avalon-net if that's all that people want
moved.

> In or Out, WHY should we do only part first?

Because we are being conservative.  And because Hamilton Verissimo de
Oliveira, and others interested in avalon-net, could benefit from it
immediately, while others go slower.  If you might notice, he is asking that
we PLEASE switch to Subversion for that code, whereas you have been dismayed
that we might.  You each have different priorities.  A phased migration can
satisfy both.  Unlike driving cars on one side, and trucks on the other.
;-)

	--- Noel