avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] JMX?
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:57:17 GMT

Alexis Agahi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is jmx supported in 3.2.1?
>It seems that the '-jmx' bootstrap launch option is no logger available.

Correct - its been removed but the Kernel itself is still exposed as an
MBean.
I removed the server embedding on the basis that (a) 3.2.1 would be
going final and the target objective is to be able to plug this in based
on configuration of the kernel, and (b) the new parameterization model
makes it much easier to enable active embedding of merlin into a jmx
server using sever management operations (but this meeds more work - or
at least a dedicated embeddor).

>Did I miss something?
>
>I'll be happy to test this feature.

With the changes to the kernel creation what we need to do is add a JMX
management interface to the avalon-repository.  From here we can then
interact with the repository to dynamically load the merlin kernel and
expose it as an MBean.  If your interested in getting into this it would
absolutely terrific.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell