avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JettyWebServer.java Patch
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 04:32:47 GMT

Messner, Greg wrote:

>I've been experimenting with Merlin embedded in an application with great success.

Good news!

There are more than a couple of people in the homeland defence that will be
more than interested in this result.

>Just recently I tried to utilize the org.apache.avalon.merlin.http.WebServer service which
is implemented by org.apache.avalon.merlin.http.JettyWebServer and ran into a problem using
WebServer.deployWebApplication(String context, String appPath).  I was able to fix the problem
in JettyWebServer.java by modifying loadWebApplicationContext(String contextName, String appURL)
with the below patch.

The patch you supplied addresses two aspects.  One concerns the
clazzName variable which I'll leave to Timothy to address because this
has a direct relationship to the static dependecy declarations within
derived context classes. IMO - this area is not so clear cut.

>BTW, keep up the great work.

Just something to keep in mind - the avalon http package has not been
released at this time and there is stuff happening that could change
this from  a component-side solution to a container-side solution.  All
that means is "don't unsubscribe from this list because things could
change" .. but if things do change - they will be really, really, cool!

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org